Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Boot Prints in the Snow

I recall some days in February when it snowed during the day while the children were at school I was at home for the day doing some of my household tasks and my family project whiled it snowed. I watched it snow throughout the day. The Mailman came and went while it snowed. I saw his boot prints in the snow after he left my house, but they were gone in matter of time. It still continues to snow throughout the day that by the time I have to leave to get my children from School there was about an inch or more of snow. Enough that I needed to shovel the walk. When I stepped out of my yeard and onto the sidewalk I notice that there were no prints in the snow. Nobody had been out along the sidewalk. As I continue to walk and look back I noticed only my boot prints in the snow. Oh, how beautiful the path looks before me, the snow not disturbed, just a blanket of white. It seemed to be a shame to be putting boot prints in the snow. It looked so beautiful. Once I had my children and we were walking home oh, how I saw many boot prints in the snow. (People go in many ways in life, just like these boot prints do.) Now as the snow is melting there are lots of puddels and no more boot prints in the snow.
My version of how I saw snow along a path to walk in the Winter.

No comments: