Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Raising Children

As a christian I believe in raising mine and my husbands children for the Lord. The Heavenly Father gave us the two children we have so they too can know Him and live for Him.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
We as in Christian parents are responsible on how we raise our children, so therefore we need to be concerned about what our children are involved in since they can be so easily influenced. Our children need to be taught the truth in whatever cirrcumstances they may be in. The truth in God's Word. I have come to realize this since my children have started school and are in a public school. It is so important to teach ones children that we don't accept everything that is put in front of us. I also have been learning a lot from my children in many aspects of life recently. If there are things I want to teach my children not to do and yet my attitude is not like that they may pick up on it, so therefore if you want your children to not have that same attitude one learns very quickly what one has to work on. Like this morning when I was doing a short devotion with my children at breakfeast I came to realize that the devotion was also for me. It was about God's love is a gift. He gives it for free. The verse was: ...being justified freely by His grace... Romans 3:24. This made me realize that I don't always deserve God's love and that I have to ask God for forgivens daily, cause His love is for free when we ask Him for grace. One of my favorite songs is Amazing Grace. May you experience God's Grace.

No comments: