Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Eve

How does one spend New Years Eve? Well we are spending it at home. We got a lot of snow from yesterday afternoon and over night that we could not even get out to go to church. My husband spent time shoveling the sidewalks and by the garage just so we could get out. But by the time he was finished shoveling it was too late to even to get to church on time. I believe that a lot of church's must have cancelled their services, cause there were a lot of church cancellations we heard on the one station we listen to on a regular basis.
The kids enjoyed the snow. They went outside right after breakfast and stayed outside till lunch time. Oh, how to be a child again, when there is no worries of anything and just enjoying life. I enjoyed the outdoors when I was a child and to see my own children enjoy being outdoors is a true blessing. Most children these days may not enjoy the outdoors much with all the electronics that can keep them busy inside. I believe in having a balance life style.
We rented some movies as a treat for New Years Eve to end off the year. It seems to be a tradition that we rent a movie for the evening and see if we can stay awake till midnight. In some cases we have never made it till midnight cause we tend to fall asleep before then.
Our year has been an eventful year with changes. I am looking to a year that may have a lot of changes again and with a lot of good memories with my huband and children. There is no New Years resolution for me, just some goals I want to work at. Do you have any New Years Resolution? Some of my goals for the new year is to work at losing some weight, and to work at my relationship with the Lord that He may be the strong point in my life to give me the strength to conquer any evilness that satan may want to put in my life. My prayer for those that read this that you may have a blessed New Year and that you will look to the Lord for strength in your life and focus on what God's word tells us/Jesus Followers on how we are to live our lives, not how the World wants us to live. May we show God's love to others in the New Year and have forgiving hearts. Blessed New Year.

1 comment:

Darlene Schacht said...

My daughter was at a friends house on Egerton when the snow started. Michael had to park on St. Anne's Road and walk all the way down to pick her up, that's how bad the streets were.

We rented a movie too on New Years Eve. and ordered Chinese food. That's pretty much our tradition.