Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Blessings in Trials

This morning I read a devotion that I received through my email and was blessed on how God blesses us in our trials. The title of the devotion was Rest in the Midst of Trials. Scripture reference is Psalm 4. I will give some points on what I read.
God cares for us and gives us several blessings in the midst of our trials.
1. He gives us the blessings of enlargement vr. 1.
2. God gives us the blessing of encouragement vr.2,3.
3. God gives us the blessing of enablement vr.4,5.
4. God gives us the blessings of enlightenment and enjoyment vr.6-8.
God's blessings are designed to do more than simply confort us in our difficulties; they are to help us grow. Take strength from knowing that God is weaving His purposes into your life and that He will reward your trust in Him.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 NIV

From this I know that some of my difficulties in life that God is helping me to grow from them and to trust in Him in everything. May you be blessed as well from this passage.

No comments: