Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

What is Wealth?

Today as we went shopping for just little things and knowing we had to stay within the amount that we had on us I thought of a verse I kept always true to myself. This verse is from Hebrews 13:5. Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you." Since I had my first job, which was when I was still in high school, till now money has never been an issue that I have to have it to be wealthy. God has always looked after my needs and He has always provided no matter how tight I/we have been financially. I believe it builds character when you have to trust in the Lord in everything. I am thankful the Lord looks after our needs. Plus it also makes me more content in what I do have. We are to build our riches up in the Lord not on earthly things. Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth. Colossians 3:2