Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Monday, January 22, 2007

Know Why You Believe

I choice this topic today because it has been on my heart since yesterday. With the topic that is being discussed in the sunday school class my husband and I are attending is quite interesting and a friend of mine mentioned about raising our children to know why we believe. The subject matter in this sunday school class does not completely comply to this comment, but it got me thinking that yes we need to teach our children early enough that they will know why we believe that God's Word is the truth. The reason being is that once they are in College or University that they will be able to defend their faith and explain why. This is important for me as a parent even if my children are young. I want them to know that what the Bible teaches is what we should be living and why. There are teachings in the Bible that are strait forward. The book of Ephesians is a good example. It is very practical. May all Jesus Followers stand up for Jesus and be soliders of the Cross.

No comments: