Trust In The Lord - Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your hear and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ackowledge him, and he will make your path straight. (NIV)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reading

Here is a cute story about my daughter. This week my daughter got tested by her teacher with the reading and has now been moved ahead in the batch of books she is to read. Well with that move my daughter brought home a Franklin story book which was kind of lengthy in my view. When it came time to read the book to me she asked if she had to read it all and I said yes. Well her comment was "my lips will get tired". She did not want to read the whole book cause it was kind of long for her, but she did get through it and at the end I asked her, "well did your lips fall off" and I got a answer "no!". My daughter has really progressed in her reading with being in grade one. If she is going to read lots I would not be surprised, seeing that her own parents read a lot. May we all encourage our children to read and even become book worms, and may The Bible be one book that they will always continue reading throughout their lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go that your daughter is doing so well in reading. Our son still reads a lot - he is 21 :). But he reads books that are WAY over my head...We started reading to him when he was a babe...

Thank you for your kind words today.